The analyst believes PlayStation VR2 will launch in Q1 2023 with 1.5 million units
Although Sony has not yet announced a release date for the PlayStation VR2, Ming-Chi Kuo, an analyst at TF International Securities, believes that the device will be launched in the 1st quarter of 2023.
Kuo recently reviewed supply chains and suggests that mass production will begin in the second half of 2022 with shipments of around 1.5 million.
“Sony may launch PS VR2 in the first quarter of 2023, depending on the PS VR2 game development schedule.”
Sony recently announced that the new VR device will come with over 20 games from internal and third-party developers.
“Sony’s position and resources in the gaming industry can accelerate the development of AAA VR titles (like Horizon: Call of the Mountain), which will benefit the growth of VR.”
Kuo spoke about the suppliers of the device components. Six optical modules of four 720p IR cameras and two eye-tracking cameras are supplied by Genius. Among the rest, it is worth noting Goertek (assembly), SDC (OLED panel), and MediaTek (processor).
Update 0.5.41591 has been released for V Rising
Stunlock Studios released a new update for V Rising today, May 30, 2022. This update is 0.5.41591. We can also see new features included in the game thanks to the patch notes:
- Added texture quality to graphics options, which can significantly reduce texture memory usage.
- Added FPS limit option to advanced graphics options.
- Low-quality ambiance changed to high-quality ambiance to keep the options menu consistent.
- Fixed an issue where anti-aliasing could not be set to anything other than TAA in the main menu.
- Stairs have been added to the Castle Floors tab in the Build menu to make it easier for players to find them.
- Fixed missing meshes on certain world objects.
- Fixed an issue that caused performance to drop when hitting Night Marshal Styx the Destroyer with certain abilities (such as Mirror Strike).
As usual, the V Rising update should install automatically when players are not in the game.
Sony confirms the development of TV series based on God of War, Horizon, and Gran Turismo
Sony Pictures Entertainment CEO Tony Vinciquerra has officially confirmed the development of a series based on three of the iconic PlayStation game franchises – God of War, Horizon, and Gran Turismo.
The film rights to the God of War series have been acquired by Amazon Prime Video, while Netflix has acquired the rights to Horizon.
According to rumors, the plot of the cult God of War franchise for television will be adapted by the creators of the series “The Expanse” Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby. Details about the Horizon and Gran Turismo projects are not yet available.
PlayStation Productions is currently working on TV series based on The Last of Us, Twisted Metal, and Jak and Daxter games, as well as on the film Ghost of Tsushima from director John Wick.
The most successful PlayStation Productions project to date is the film based on the Uncharted series of games starring Tom Holland.
Sniper Elite 5 debuted at number ten on the weekly chart Steam
Valve has released Steam sales data for the week of May 23-29. Statistics, as always, were not compiled by the number of copies sold: the calculation took into account the games and devices that brought the largest revenue in seven days.
- The first line of the chart for the second week in a row is occupied by “Vampire survivor V Rising. The game was released in early access on May 17, and eight days later its circulation exceeded one million copies.
- The second and third positions are occupied by Steam Deck and Elden Ring – portable PC and action RPGs have not left the top 10 for several months.
- The adventure game My Time at Sandrock, which was released on Steam on May 26, took fifth place, followed by FIFA 22, Valve Index VR Kit, and No Man’s Sky.
- Sniper Elite 5 closes the list of the most profitable games and devices. According to the SteamDB resource, the peak online title reached 14,870 people.
Top 10 games and devices by revenue on Steam from May 23 to May 29
- V rising
- Steam Deck
- Elden Ring
- FIFA 22
- My Time at Sandrock
- V Rising – Founder’s Pack: Eldest Bloodline
- Valve Index VR Kit
- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix+ – VIP Edition
- No Man’s Sky
- Sniper Elite 5.
News1 year ago
Details emerge on the length and difficulty of Pokémon Legends: Arceus
Guide8 months ago
Stray: Finding Levers (in the nightclub)
News1 year ago
The Prado Museum opens its doors in Animal Crossing: New Horizons and you will be able to include its works on your island
Guide1 year ago
Where is the Daily Bugle in Fortnite Chapter 3 season 1: location to complete one of the first challenges
General2 years ago
Horizon Forbidden West: There is no point in paying twice for the same game
News1 year ago
Here’s What Happens If You Invite A Neighbor And Then Move-In Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Guide10 months ago
V Rising: How to remove the ground
General1 year ago
Pokémon: Why is Ash’s Pikachu so powerful?