On July 16, Valve opened the opportunity to reserve the Steam Deck in the countries of the “first wave”, and within a few hours, speculators began selling their orders for the device on marketplaces at greatly inflated prices.
- The cost of the Valve portable gaming computer on the site starts at $ 850 (63 thousand rubles), while the official price of the most expensive 512-gigabyte model is $ 649.
- The maximum price of a Steam Deck with 512 GB of memory, which speculators indicate, reaches $ 5,000. At the same time, the average cost of a gadget is $ 1,300, which is twice as much compared to the official price.
- The sellers say they will ship the Steam Deck to the customer as soon as Valve delivers the reserved device in late 2021 or early 2022.
- The number of views on ads with the device shows that there is interest in the overpriced gadget. However, there are no Steam Deck sales statistics from speculators.
- PC Gamer has reported several successful sales of the gadget for $ 850 or more. However, the ads listed by him have the status “This listing has ended”, which can signal both the purchase and that the seller has removed the product.
- The eBay platform has not yet blocked such ads, despite the fact that the sale of digital goods is prohibited on it, and speculators are actually selling not a physical device, but an application for it.
- On “Avito” and “Yulia” advertisements from speculators have not yet appeared.
Previously, users reported technical issues on Valve’s website after opening pre-orders. Some potential buyers could not access the site, and in some cases, the store gave strange errors.
Update 0.5.41591 has been released for V Rising
Stunlock Studios released a new update for V Rising today, May 30, 2022. This update is 0.5.41591. We can also see new features included in the game thanks to the patch notes:
- Added texture quality to graphics options, which can significantly reduce texture memory usage.
- Added FPS limit option to advanced graphics options.
- Low-quality ambiance changed to high-quality ambiance to keep the options menu consistent.
- Fixed an issue where anti-aliasing could not be set to anything other than TAA in the main menu.
- Stairs have been added to the Castle Floors tab in the Build menu to make it easier for players to find them.
- Fixed missing meshes on certain world objects.
- Fixed an issue that caused performance to drop when hitting Night Marshal Styx the Destroyer with certain abilities (such as Mirror Strike).
As usual, the V Rising update should install automatically when players are not in the game.
Sony confirms the development of TV series based on God of War, Horizon, and Gran Turismo
Sony Pictures Entertainment CEO Tony Vinciquerra has officially confirmed the development of a series based on three of the iconic PlayStation game franchises – God of War, Horizon, and Gran Turismo.
The film rights to the God of War series have been acquired by Amazon Prime Video, while Netflix has acquired the rights to Horizon.
According to rumors, the plot of the cult God of War franchise for television will be adapted by the creators of the series “The Expanse” Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby. Details about the Horizon and Gran Turismo projects are not yet available.
PlayStation Productions is currently working on TV series based on The Last of Us, Twisted Metal, and Jak and Daxter games, as well as on the film Ghost of Tsushima from director John Wick.
The most successful PlayStation Productions project to date is the film based on the Uncharted series of games starring Tom Holland.
The analyst believes PlayStation VR2 will launch in Q1 2023 with 1.5 million units
Although Sony has not yet announced a release date for the PlayStation VR2, Ming-Chi Kuo, an analyst at TF International Securities, believes that the device will be launched in the 1st quarter of 2023.
Kuo recently reviewed supply chains and suggests that mass production will begin in the second half of 2022 with shipments of around 1.5 million.
“Sony may launch PS VR2 in the first quarter of 2023, depending on the PS VR2 game development schedule.”
Sony recently announced that the new VR device will come with over 20 games from internal and third-party developers.
“Sony’s position and resources in the gaming industry can accelerate the development of AAA VR titles (like Horizon: Call of the Mountain), which will benefit the growth of VR.”
Kuo spoke about the suppliers of the device components. Six optical modules of four 720p IR cameras and two eye-tracking cameras are supplied by Genius. Among the rest, it is worth noting Goertek (assembly), SDC (OLED panel), and MediaTek (processor).
News1 year ago
Details emerge on the length and difficulty of Pokémon Legends: Arceus
Guide5 months ago
Stray: Finding Levers (in the nightclub)
News11 months ago
The Prado Museum opens its doors in Animal Crossing: New Horizons and you will be able to include its works on your island
Guide1 year ago
Where is the Daily Bugle in Fortnite Chapter 3 season 1: location to complete one of the first challenges
News12 months ago
Here’s What Happens If You Invite A Neighbor And Then Move-In Animal Crossing: New Horizons
General1 year ago
Horizon Forbidden West: There is no point in paying twice for the same game
Guide6 months ago
V Rising: How to remove the ground
News12 months ago
Pokémon Legends: Arceus: Missing Abilities, equipable items, and more details